The information found below is designed to help you get the best out of this BOFA® Demo PreTest and to understand formative learning. Use this Demo to refresh you memory of the Pre-Test structure prior to the ISEB Common Pre-Test or a BOFA® PreTest.
There are 21 full BOFA® PreTests and 1 Demo PreTest.
The Demo PreTest is very short and has two purposes:
- To demonstrate the format of the BOFA® PreTests and how the BOFA® learning platform works.
- For pupils to refresh their memory on how the BOFA® PreTests work prior to doing the actual ISEB Common Pre-Test, or a BOFA® PreTest.
Only pupils with purchased BOFA® PreTest packs are able to retake the Demo PreTest.
There a 7 BOFA® PreTest packs, each contain 3 Pre-tests.
All 7 packs are set at the same level of difficulty.
It is NOT possible to assign the same pack to a pupil. BOFA intuitively knows which pack to assign next.
Watch the video to see how the platform works.
- Work through the initial test on your own - try to get as many wrong as possible!
- You can then get help going through the explanations and similar practice questions.
- Wait as long as possible before doing the retest- ignore this for the demo :).
- Work through the retest, which contains similar questions to your errors on the initial test - again, get as many wrong as possible.
- You can then see the errors from the retest in the report.
Verbal Reasoning is 6 minutes (the actual PreTest is 25 minutes).
Non-Verbal Reasoning is 6 minutes (the actual PreTest is 30 minutes).
Maths is 6 minutes (the actual PreTest is 40 minutes).
English is 6 minutes (the actual PreTest is 40 minutes).
- Read all instructions carefully. Where required, instructions are given for each type of question. In many cases, examples of how to do a question-type precede the questions.
- Each Pre-Test contains 1 pretest in each subject, you can do the subjects in any order directed by your teacher.
- You will need pen/pencil and paper for the Maths test and Verbal Reasoning test.
- The clock now displays on screen in line with the latest ISEB specification. You will get a 5 minute warning before the end of each subject test. The clock will not display on screen if you have been allocated extra time.
- You cannot return to a question once an answer has been submitted. For each question, you select an answer from a choice of five. If you want to change your mind, simply click on your new answer choice. Once you have made your final answer choice, submit it by clicking Next.
- The tests are timed. You should check your progress using the progress bar at the bottom of the page. Place the cursor over the bar to see how many questions you have answered and how many there are in total.
The tests are designed to be done as mock Pre-Tests as preparation for the ISEB Common Pretest.
Try and use as large a screen as possible.
BOFA will assess understanding and fill in any gaps in your knowledge.
Your parents and teachers will be emailed your progress.
- You cannot retake the PreTests.
- You can retake the demos, if you have purchased PreTests.
- Maths has 5 practice questions at the start of the test which do not count.
The following are options your parent or teacher can change by editing your Test Options on the edit pupil page:
Each pretest has a 5 minute warning and no clock, it is hidden.
English extract must be read in the 25 mins on screen.
Request to change your extra time allowance.
You must complete all 4 subjects before the practice stage.
You cannot start a new PreTest whilst on another PreTest.