Tell us who you are
Planet BOFA's bespoke online teaching provides outstanding Pre-Test, 11-plus and KS2 support for teachers and pupils
Proud to be different, Planet BOFA tests, teaches, retests and tracks student progress; personalising the process with formative learning that accelerates success.
1 A unique online learning platform
BOFA is a unique online learning platform, where every question comes as a triplet. Initially a summative assessment, followed by differentiated explanations and practice, then a formative assessment, creates detailed subject reports to compare learning needs across existing and historical cohorts.
2 Our three stage process is unique to every child
In their Initial Test, pupils answer questions designed to test their current knowledge across a range of topics at a specific level. This is marked instantly, informing both you and the pupil, and their parent if you wish, the current knowledge in a summative assessment.
The pupil then moves onto a practice and explanation stage, where the pupil receives bespoke explanations and teaching identified in the initial test. A similar practice question is supplied to aid learning. This comes with further explanation and teaching if necessary.
After about a week, so that the pupil is not just testing their short-term memory, they move on to the Retest, which contains the final question in the triplet. The errors at this stage are placed into the pupil reports.
3 Individual and group reports
BOFA then emails the teacher (and potentially the parent too) to let them know how much improvement the child has made. The Report is then generated on the individual pupil's tests page. This report includes the questions that they answered incorrectly during the retest, with corresponding answers and explanations sorted by topic. Teachers can export a spreadsheet detailing learning needs, by topic, across their entire cohort.
4 Mock ISEB Common PreTest structure
The BOFA Pre-tests have been specifically requested by our Prep Schools to try to replicate the experience of the ISEB Common Pre-Test. This includes the style and functionality including the inability to see the question numbers or to pause/skip questions. The Pre-tests are done online, either in class or for homework and at least one is used as a Mock exam. The practice and explanations can be done independently, or for those pupils with learning support in one-to-one time. The following week, pupils do similar retest questions to reassess their learning to pinpoint weaker parts of the syllabus. This allows complete differentiation.
There are 21 BOFA Pre-tests, 3 or 6 are often used by teachers to help prepare pupils for the exam and mop up areas for improvement. The remaining BOFA Pre-Tests can be offered to parents to purchase, this also allows schools to monitor and track the learning needs identified by these additional Pre-Tests.
5 Attention to detail
Planet BOFA saves pupils time, by only teaching topics that pupils need to learn; pupils enjoy the independent learning with regular praise. Teachers relish the time saved marking and preparing lessons and can use their valuable time only teaching pupils topics they do not understand.
This is what makes BOFA so special, the attention to detail that allows us to nurture the potential in every child.
Someday, everyone will learn the BOFA way!
6 Curriculum and Syllabus
The BOFA Pre-Tests try to cover the curriculum and syllabus specified by the ISEB as closely as possible. We update the content after receiving and checking the accuracy of any updates available in order to supply the best resource BOFA can to your pupils.
Register now to take a free demo test and see how effortless Planet BOFA is to use.
The unique benefits of using Planet BOFA
- Access to an efficient, unbeatable learning tool that propels pupils to 11-plus and KS2 success (created by two-million-plus-selling Bond Assessment author Andrew Baines).
- You’ll be in good company. Our retention rate for schools is 98%. We have over 60,000 users on the database, with 4 million tests done and counting…
- Marking is instant and automatic. Each incorrect answer comes not only with a clear explanation, but with a follow on practice question, and subsequent bespoke retest question.
- The teacher’s overview screen is exportable in Excel and shows each learning point in the curriculum by pupil, or by teaching group. This allows the teacher to organise pupils by learning need.
- Planet BOFA is flexible. It can be used solely in the classroom or just for homework, or in combination. The test timer can also be hidden.
- Discover motivated pupils who are keen to learn. We know students enjoy the autonomy and independence of learning they experience on our platform.
- Our brilliant customer support team are on call to troubleshoot. Reach us on 0800 9553 011, or email us with the best time and number to call you on.