Tell us who you are
How BOFA can work for you
Proud to be different, Planet BOFA is the only online Pre-Test, 11-plus, London 11+ Consortium, and KS2 teaching system that builds a unique learning experience around each student. We test, tutor, retest always tracking your child's progress, boosting learning at every stage with a laser-focus on weaker areas.
A UNIQUE ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORM
BOFA is one-of-a-kind. Every question comes as a triplet: an initial test to asses current knowledge, then tailored teaching and practice followed by a retest at a later date. We know your time is precious, that's why we create helpful subject reports to be used with your child or passed on to a tutor.
PERSONALISED QUESTIONS ACCORDING TO PAST ANSWERS
Our intial test determines which topics a pupil is already comfortable with, and those which BOFA can help them to improve. We give plenty of praise for correct answers and incorrect responses help form our personalised practice and retest stage.
PLENTY OF PRACTICE AND EXPLANATION
We're not only about testing, we're passionate teachers too. We use similar questions to those answered incorrectly in the initial test stage to explain where your child went wrong. We then offer practice questions and further bespoke teaching if required - whatever they need to improve
After about a week, to ensure knowledge is embedded in the pupil's long-term memory, our Retest assesses improvement. Any errors made at this stage are put into a personalised report.
A PERSONALISED REPORT IS EMAILED TO YOU
A report tracking pupil progress is emailed to you and available to view online. We'll let you know which topics were less successful along with any questions answered incorrectly. We also include correct answers and explanations for you to refer to if needed.
Mock ISEB Common PreTest structure
The BOFA Pre-tests have been specifically requested by our Prep Schools to try to replicate the experience of the ISEB Common Pre-Test. This includes the style and functionality including the inability to see the question numbers or to pause/skip questions. The Pre-tests are done online, either in class or for homework and are at least one is used as a Mock exam. The practice and explanations can be done independently, or for those pupils with learning support in one-to-one time. The following week, pupils do similar retest questions to reassess their learning to pinpoint weaker parts of the syllabus. This allows complete differentiation.
There are 21 BOFA Pre-tests, 3 or 6 are often used by teachers to help prepare pupils for the exam and mop up areas for improvement. The remaining BOFA Pre-Tests can be used by tutors to boost learning and preparation, this also allows tutors to identify and teach the pupils to boost their Pre-Test success.
SOAR TO SUCCESS!
The unique benefits of using Planet BOFA
- Access to an unbeatable personalised learning tool that will propel your child to ISEB Common Pretest success (created by million-plus selling Bond Assessment author Andrew Baines).
- Planet BOFA is as unique as every child. No test question will ever be repeated during a pupil’s education with us.
- You'll be in good company. 4 million Planet BOFA tests have been done and counting...
- Faster results. Marking and feedback is instant. We quickly identify where children need the most help, and then zoom-in on their potential. Planet BOFA doesn't waste time teaching topics they already know.
- See happy, motivated pupils who are keen to learn. Confidence and scores sky-rocket as children feel independent managing their work, yet supported by our personalised approach. Customising the colours and text is helps too.
- Flexible, inclusive teaching that fits around family life. No one gets stuck learning with Planet BOFA. Explanations are easy to digest. The tests can be paused to help manage pupil study time. And each answer will be marked and tracked whether it’s within the time limit or not. A child is guided through weaker areas until they’re ready to move on.
- High-flyers are stretched and pupils with greater learning needs are encouraged to nurture their academic potential.
- Feedback is at your fingertips. Emails with key information arrive at the end of each test stage, so you're always up to speed on progress. When one learning cycle is complete (after the 'retest'), you'll receive a summary email report with links to the full reports. These show the questions the pupil didn’t get right, with answers and explanations; organised into topics to help teachers and tutor focus future learning.
- Hassle-free account management. We are constantly adding in new functionality to help all users access information as easily as possible. We always welcome suggestions to help us improve BOFA.