Tell us who you are
The Get-Started Guide
We’re here to save you time and facilitate independent learning.
What happens when you use the BOFA Quick Start Tool?
- You are first guided through the demo information page.
- Then you need to Register a parent account using your email address otherwise you cannot start the demo.
- We will then walk you through the demo test to experience the complete formative learning process.
- The process ends with your report, make sure you get lots of answers wrong otherwise this will blank!
- Buy your product in the shop.
- Then create a unique pupil account to use your purchased product.
This is how tutor centres are using our cutting-edge learning system.
LESSON 1: CLASS
1. With their tutor, pupils log on to:
- Complete a short demo test across English, Maths, VR or NVR
- Get a taste of all the stages of the Planet BOFA platform
2. Automatic marking returns:
- Simple explanations paired with any incorrect answers
- Tailored practice questions around these weaker areas, which the pupils complete
3. Pupils now take the bespoke ‘retest’ in the same subject:
- It has a laser focus on the areas already identified for development
4. Here is the instant report, presenting:
- Questions they didn’t get right, with answers and explanations, organised into topics
Good to know: The administrator, tutor and parent receive the instant report by email, with the score and time spent (unless they’ve been opted out of notifications).
LESSON 1: HOMEWORK
The first full-length test. Pupils complete only the initial part at home. The ensuing practice questions are done in the classroom during lesson 2.
LESSON 2 ONWARDS: CLASS
1. Tutors go through the tailored practice questions that have been produced from the full-length test done as homework.
2. They also go over the initial questions from that test that were answered incorrectly.
LESSON 2 ONWARDS: HOMEWORK
1. The retest from Lesson 2 (thereby finishing that test cycle).
2. A new full-length test, probably in a new subject. Pupils complete only the initial part at home. The ensuing practice questions are done in the classroom, where the tailored-practice-plus-bespoke retest cycle will begin again.
Good to know:
A report is emailed when each retest is complete. It signals the end of each individual test circuit.
Report data can be viewed individually or across a cohort, and exported in a click. It’s organised into topics to make a ‘pot of gold’ for tutors – a brilliant resource that enables super-efficient teaching of the weaker areas in class.>
Pupils are keen to do Planet BOFA homework because it’s fun. Direct them to wait 2-7 days before starting the retest or they’ll be demonstrating short-term memory rather than long term learning.