PLEASE NOTE this is a product specifically for pupils sitting the ISEB Common Pre-Test, it is NOT a pre-test for the 11+, if you are looking for 11+ material please go to our 11+ site BOFA11plus.com.
The information found below is designed to help you get the best out of this BOFA® PreTest and to understand formative learning. Use the PreTest Demo to refresh your memory of the Pre-Test structure prior to the ISEB Common Pre-Test or a BOFA® PreTest.
There are 21 full BOFA® PreTests and 1 Demo PreTest.
The Demo PreTest is very short and has two purposes:
- To demonstrate the format of the BOFA® PreTests and how the BOFA® learning platform works.
- For pupils to refresh their memory on how the BOFA® PreTests work prior to doing the actual ISEB Common Pre-Test, or a BOFA® PreTest.
Only pupils with purchased BOFA® PreTest packs are able to retake the Demo PreTest.
There a 7 BOFA® PreTest packs, each contain 3 PreTests.
All 7 packs are set at the same level of difficulty.
It is NOT possible to assign the same pack to a pupil. BOFA® intuitively knows which pack to assign next
Watch the video to see how the platform works.
Do the PreTest Demo.
- Work through the initial test on your own.
- You can then get help going through the explanations and similar practice questions.
- Wait as long as possible before doing the retest.
- Work through the retest, which contains similar questions to your errors on the initial test.
- You can then see the errors from the retest in the report.
Verbal Reasoning is 36 minutes.
Non-Verbal Reasoning is 32 minutes.
Maths is 50 minutes. There are 5 practice questions to also do within the 50 minutes.
English is 25 minutes.
- Read all instructions carefully. Where required, instructions are given for each type of question. In many cases, examples of how to do a question-type precede the questions.
- Each Pre-Test contains 1 pretest in each subject, you can do the subjects in any order directed by your teacher.
- You will need pen/pencil and paper for the Maths test.
- The clock now displays on screen in line with the latest ISEB specification. You will get a 5 minute warning before the end of each subject test. The clock will not display on screen if you have been allocated extra time.
- You cannot return to a question once an answer has been submitted. For each question, you select an answer from a choice of five. If you want to change your mind, simply click on your new answer choice. Once you have made your final answer choice, submit it by clicking Next.
- The tests are timed. You should check your progress using the progress bar at the bottom of the page. Place the cursor over the bar to see how many questions you have answered and how many there are in total.
The tests are designed to be done as mock Pre-Tests as preparation for the ISEB Common Pre-Test.
Try and use as large a screen as possible.
BOFA® will assess understanding and fill in any gaps in your knowledge.
Your parents and teachers will be emailed your progress.
- You cannot retake the PreTests.
- You can retake the demos, if you have purchased PreTests.
- Maths has some practice questions at the start of the test, which do not count.
The following are options your parent or teacher can change by editing your Test Options on the edit pupil page:
Each pretest has a 5 minute warning and no clock, it is hidden.
English extract must be read in the 25 mins on screen.
Request to change your extra time allowance.
You must complete all 4 subjects before the practice stage.
You cannot start a new PreTest whilst on another PreTest.